We have a collaborative space for well-integrated (yet still distinct) businesses to co-exist and provide the camaraderie, rapport, trust and safe space of a well-oiled team for small operations and satellite teams. We share our hearts, our passions and our knowledge with each other in a beautiful, light-filled space with a dose of Portland woo-woo and a lot of professional drive.
Us: Causeit, Inc.
Causeit is a coaching, consulting and branding firm. We work with teams and organizations committed to audacious, world-changing visions and projects in service of expanding human beings’ potential. The majority of our work is with social enterprises, non-profits and educational institutions, and most of our key stakeholders are minorities. As a minority-owned firm, we are particularly aware of the importance of community empowerment in the pursuit of social advancement and equality. Our professional interests center around advanced heart-based communication skills, team infrastructure, cutting-edge technology and cyborg anthropology.
We're looking for joyful, big-hearted professionals who want community and are willing to build deep connections in service of audacious, life-changing visions.
Minority-owned or -staffed firms and social enterprises are encouraged to apply!
You + Causeit
At the Causebox, you get heart-centered, integrity-focused, driven people around you all the time. We love what we do, and we want to be around others who love what they do, too.
We attract and love to share space with mission-driven, social enterprise-aware officemates. Right now, in addition to our three in-house staff, we have two part-time assistants, clients who hop in for a break from their regular routine, a part-time video editor and an on-site massage therapist. You can access all of our expertise—and our contractors’—over a cup of coffee. The businesses managed by Causeit staff out of this office through our shared and distributed off-site teams include a technology tooling firm, a merchant services company, and a mobile event entertainment company.
We foster clear communication with an intention to see whole people: not just an admin, but a mom, a student and a spiritual leader; not just a consultant, but a partner, friend and community organizer. We're a community, not a cube farm. Come join us!
- Centrally-located, light-filled office in Portland’s popular Central Eastside Industrial District
- Shared, hot-swap desks (just like a coffeeshop, walk in and take a seat wherever suits you), or optional dedicated desks and/or storage space
- Accommodation for a regular group of 10-12 people, with peak capacity of about 20 active worker-bees
- Conference-room and studio space; often used to spread out deskshares for even more elbow room; can be reserved using Google Calendar
- Separate keying for event/studio space and main office
- Dedicated, lockable, windowed hallway leading to our offices (to be filled with glorious, oxygen-producing flora)
- 2mbps up/5mbps down shared DSL in the office, upgradeable if needed; pre-wired for cable.
- Backup/alternate 4G internet with 1mbps up/8mbps down available
- Guest and private wireless networks provided
- Duplex, networked monochrome and color laser printing; about 50 free pages/mo of black and white printing per desk, color at low cost as well as low-cost tabloid color inkjet printing for small posters, infographics or brainstorming documents
- Basic scanning and outbound fax. Inbound fax can be handled online through our system if needed.
- Potential brokering of our admins, assistants, copy editors, event planners, researchers, designers, and developers at very competitive rates
- Clear landline conference phones available (traditional POTS lines) for additional fee
- ADA-accessible building with elevator access, gated parking/code-secured entrances and late-night security patrols
- On-site, ADA-accessible showers (included, no additional cost)
- Dedicated HVAC controls set to eco-friendly modes
- Copious bike parking
- Reserved on-site or no-time-limit street parking available for additional fee, if needed
- Nearby access to a number of public transit lines and forthcoming Eastside Streetcar
- Fridge, convection oven, microwave, dish service (we all pitch in on this as we don't have dishwashers or sinks in the office, or you can request to pay an additional fee and have our staff handle your dishes for you)
- Fancy-pants coffee and tea service available
- Wall-to-wall, nearly floor-to-ceiling windows in every room
- Comfortable couches, lounge chairs and more for those “I’m not working, I’m relaxing productively” days
- Warm, burnt-sienna-stained concrete floor surfaces
- Wardrobe for commuters’ clothing storage
- Configurable halogen spotlights
- Warm, natural-wood work surfaces
- Daylight-spectrum lighting at desks
- Simple standing workstations to avoid the ‘laptop hunch’
- Business library featuring branding, business development and cyborg anthropology texts
- Access to storage spaces downstairs through our lease for additional fee
- Access to (and invitation to) our regular intention-setting and quick PM meeting (scrum)
- Shared listing on our website as collaborators if appropriate for our businesses
- Access to regular, sponsored networking meetings for our building, comprised of approximately 50 creative-class companies (sponsored by Causeit)
- Custom-designed furniture and artwork by Dallas Oliver, installation artist, complementing pieces by our own team as well as works by Beth Myrick and other artists
- Extra Macs often available for use when you need a change of desktop scenery or for use while your machine is busy updating or being repaired
- On-site massage therapy available
- Access to Causeit’s forthcoming community site for the building
- Stereos in every room for after-hours recreation, along with Nerf basketball; it’s like Google
without the overhead.
- On-site, four-star nationally-renowned restaurant and additional meeting facility (clarklewis)
- One block’s walk from the waterfront; two blocks from downtown Portland
- Nationally-recognized coffee shop and roastery across the street
- Yoga studio and many eateries available across the street
- Building lobby with custom-designed furniture and local artists in rotation
- Local business service procurement support through our extensive regional network
- Available immediately; negotiable terms (typically a 3 month no-hard-feelings trial and then 6-12 month commitments for best pricing).
- Floating deskshares start at $300 per full-time desk, plus any additional internet speed upgrades, phone lines, parking, dedicated storage or other options.
- Dedicated desks start at $500/desk, plus amenities.
- Part-time deskshares (averaging two days per week) are available starting at $200/desk, plus amenities.
- Conference room reservation access is available for an additional fee negotiated based on expected usage.
- You will be required by our landlord to carry general liability insurance and also to name our companies as an 'additional named insured.' We have an insurance agent who can help you with this if you need it, and the cost is nominal for most small businesses.
Contact Causeit via email and tell us what you're up to in the world to start the conversation and see if we're a good match. We’re excited to meet with you and welcome you into our creative, shared space.